October 13, 2016

baby four :: week 14 (almost)


As I stated in a previous post, we are expecting again! And we are over the moon about baby #4 who will join our family in April.


As I have done with the two previous pregnancies, here are the FAQ's :

Q: Was this one planned? 
A: Yes. Well.... mostly.
Q: When are you due?
A: tax day! Hard to forget that.
Q: What is it?
A: A baby! We aren't going to find out the gender this time, which is a fun twist for number four. And I honestly can't tell what the gender is from the way I feel, nor do I have a preference. I just want a healthy baby.
Q: How are you feeling?
A: SO much better than last pregnancy! My pregnancy with Judah was pretty miserable, so I am extremely thankful that I am feeling less sick with more energy and just all around healthier and thus happier. At the complete risk of sounding sales-y, I am positive it has to do with the incredible nutrition that Lane and I have been using over the past year. With each previous pregnancy my nausea was worse and worse and lasted longer each time. It left me exhausted and down right depressed with my last pregnancy. But I did not go into this with deficient nutrients, which I am sure made all the difference.
Q: Are you having any cravings?
A: I ate a LOT of bread for a couple weeks there, but not really craving anything specific. I always seem to want good cheeses when I am pregnant, which is difficult since I can't have most of my favorites! 


 Q: Are you showing yet?

A: Um. (see above photos)
Q: How do the kids feel about all of it?
A: We had Jenny video us telling the kids, and James was SO excited, it was so sweet. Elle didn't really get it at first, but is starting to get a little bit more excited- she is convinced it is a girl and says it will be "her baby" which is kind of cute and scary at the same time, ha. Meanwhile, pretty sure Judah has no idea what is happening.
Q: So, how far apart will they be?
A: Judah will be two and a half years older than this baby, which is the biggest gap we have had in age. I am really glad it worked out this way because Judah is not great at sharing with any "babies" that come over- he tells them "no baby!" if they are playing with his toys and gets upset if I hold any other baby for too long. Thankfully, we have time to work on these issues.

Overall, we feel so blessed and so thankful that we get the privilege of parenting another little soul!

Here is the announcement post from Judah.
Here is the announcement post from Elle. 

2 comments: