May 02, 2016

hot day activity: truck wash


In honor of the beautiful weather we have been experiencing over here in the PNW, I thought I would share a fun, simple activity that the kids and I did a couple weeks ago on a hot afternoon. 


It all started with some cheap shaving cream and a bucket of water. Add a tub of toy cars, several big trucks, and excited kids and you have yourself a truck wash!

My kids adore water play, but I think they really liked doing something a little different from the usual scooping, pouring, and dumping of water. They seemed to really feel productive "washing" all those cars. Even if they weren't completely clean, they sure smelled good after the wash!



The kids have requested to do this several times since. Now I'm trying to think of other things around the house that they could clean this way!


PS one year ago- the meal plan for the whole stinkin' month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment