It's almost eleven pm on Sunday night, and I can't sleep. I'm not sure if it was the marvelous hour-and-a-half nap I took today, or perhaps the late afternoon cup of Earl Grey, or maybe the excitement of another appointment tomorrow where I get to hear this baby's heartbeat that is causing this lack of sleep. At any rate, I am using this moment of insomnia to catch you up to date on some things I have been grateful for lately...
First off, in the "extraordinary joys" category- I haven't been sharing much about this, but I have been struggling with some serious pregnancy depression. I have been emotional before, with hormones up and down, but never dealt with anything like this. Without going into extreme detail, I will just say that I felt like I was in a dark, stormy spiral, heading downward. Now for the joyful part: the Lord has reached down and pulled me out. I finally feel like I am returning to my normal, joyful, self. And it is glorious. There is no other explanation than to say: I cried out to the Lord and He saved me. Amen.
Now I feel that I can again experience the ordinary joys in life, here are a few:
1. The view from my kitchen window that allowed me to put away a ginormous amount of groceries from Costco in peace:
2. This verse saw me through the past few weeks, but, Hallelujah, it was finally time to change it (sadly, the chalk marker I used on this little board wouldn't wash off. Oh well, one chalk board down) :
3. A quiet time one morning after Eleanor woke up at six, and then actually fell back asleep for about twenty whole minutes. Nothing short of a miracle:
4. Amy's burritos, that were on super-sale and save me from lunches of PB and J crusts:
5. Morning Thunder black tea, because I still can't get myself to drink coffee, but this stuff is so delicious with a splash of soy milk and gives me a little morning boost:
6. A key fob! (queue angels singing)... I have never owned a car newer than a '96, so I have never had one of these magnificent devices. But a couple months ago we broke down and bought a mini-van (just at the right time, we realized about two weeks later) and it has this wonderful little remote that I am completely obsessed with:
Well, I am going to attempt to get some sleep now.
What has brought you joy lately? What little things bless you?
I would love to hear!