July 01, 2012

my maternity must-haves

In no particular order:

1. egg-less chocolate chip cookies (obviously, so I can eat the dough)...


...and a good helper who is just as enthusiastic.




2. really good pickles. My favorite are Carnegie Deli Kosher spears from Costco.


3. good moisturizers. I love anything from Burt's Bees, especially their Mama Bee line and Baby Bee line for James. I still believe that my lack of tummy stretch marks is thanks to Burt's Belly Butter. Now, if I had only known to put it on my legs...


4. pregnancy books. The Complete Organic Pregnancy is a good one if you don't scare easily (example: if you are not easily swayed into getting your wall paint and carpet tested for hazardous chemicals, even though the book insists that you should); but my ultimate favorite is The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, which gives a very laid back, informal look at all things to do with pregnancy. It is so good that I loaned it to a girlfriend about two years ago, and still haven't gotten it back (I'm lookin' at you, Becca Hamm!).

5. naps



6. a sense of humor


What about all the other Moms or Moms-to-be? What can you not live without while pregnant?

PS Thanks to my Fairy Blog-mother who has, once again, made my blog way cooler than I ever could, even though she is most likely very busy being a newly wed and blogging daily at her very own url. Thanks Jen (ahem, Mrs. Posford)!!!

This time, a year ago

No comments:

Post a Comment