July 16, 2012

two


James turned two.


We had the big family party at our house for James, my cousins, and their son who was born just about a week after James.



I kind of did a construction theme, since James is super into "diggies" right now. We had plastic hard hats for James and his cousins to wear, but James made sure Lane wore one while he used his drill to hang up a mirror before the party began.


I also made a diggie cake using this cake recipe, simple frosting (powdered sugar, butter, milk, vanilla), and crushed Oreos for the "dirt."



James didn't quite understand that he was supposed to blow out the candles. He just wanted to eat the cake and play with those diggies.





I can't believe my baby boy is two! Wasn't it just the other day that he turned one?

1 comment:

  1. James is so adorable! And I don't blame him for just wanting to eat the cake and play with the car.

    ReplyDelete