December 21, 2011

Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner


Lame. Four days before my favorite holiday, and I am posting about cleaning supplies? I was going to attempt to pass this off as a last minute gift idea, but it would need to be a given to someone who would not be offended when bestowed cleaning supplies as a present. This lucky recipient would have to be someone you know well, in which case, you probably already have something for them.


In all honesty, the only reason I am sharing this "recipe" with you today is because I ran out of the last batch I made, and so I had to make more.


Sure I am all for saving the environment, but the real reason I like this cleaner is because I can spray it all over without feeling as though I need to hold my breath to avoid inhaling fumes. I can spray it on the counter, wipe, and then set food right down - no risk of chemical contamination. I use this spray everywhere- from the dining room table, to leather furniture, to the kitchen sink.


Here is my advise about the bottle you will use to store the spray in: buy a half gallon bottle of environmentally friendly all-purpose cleaner, then make your own in the same bottle when you run out. This way, your first bottle of spray is pre-made, after that you can begin making your own. Happy cleaning!


Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner
for the record: I didn't make this up, I got the "recipe" from my cousin who got it from her friend
1 tsp vegetable-based liquid soap (such as seventh generation)
1 tsp Borax
1/2 cup white vinegar
20 drops essential oil
warm water

Put the first four ingredients in the bottom of the bottle, then slowly trickle in warm water. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment