May 18, 2011

Brie (or cotija!), mango, cilantro, and red onion quesadillas

So, last night I made these amazing quesadillas. I had to make them again for lunch today so I could photograph them, because I had no idea last night that I would be starting a blog today. Darn.


I originally got the idea from a recipe on Fresh365 ( I love that blog*). I didn't have any walnuts, but I still wanted a crunch, so I substituted red onions. After that addition, the cilantro that is about to go bad in my fridge was a no-brainer. They are so simple, so easy, and so addictive. So watch out, or you may be having them for lunch and dinner also.


update on 6/2/11-okay, a quick note- I just made these with cotija cheese, and they were, if possible, even better. Please try this, you won't be sorry

Brie, mango, cilantro, and red onion quesadillas
  • 1/2  cup mango, thinly sliced
  • about 4 oz brie, thinly sliced (or a good amount of cotija)
  • about 1/4 cup cilantro
  • 2 tbsp chopped red onion
  • 4 tortillas (i love the wheat flour and corn from trader joe's)
Lay out 1/4 cup of the mango and about 2 oz brie over one tortilla. Microwave 30 seconds.
Heat 2 tsp olive oil on a skillet. Place tortilla on the skillet, with brie and mango facing up (otherwise you will have quite a mess!). Spread 2 tbsp cilantro and 1 tbsp red onion over the brie and mango on the tortilla. Place the other tortilla over the one on the skillet. Heat both sides until golden-brown spots start to appear.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Enjoy. (serves 2)

*that blog is, sadly, no longer around... Happily, I think the gal quit because she is a new mama :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment